Thursday, March 12, 2009

Scrapbook 11

The first image I took a while ago when me and my friends went to junkyard to go get some seatbelts that we could make into things like belts and backpack straps. I was amazed by the amount of damage that some of the cars had sustained, and while I'm sure a substantial amount of damage came from the actual process of being in a junkyard, I can't imaging that a lot of the accidents that these cars were in could have been pleasant. The second one is from when my car got totaled on my way home for thanksgiving break. I think the two images fit together.

Cars are something that we take for granted most of the time, at least when we have them. They, like so many other things, become a crucial part of our lives and we usually don't realize this until we, for one reason or another, have to get along without them. They are also, obviously, really dangerous, yet we depend on them so much that we are are willing to take the risk of either driving them or being in them. After a while, it is easy to forget that you're actually speeding down the highway in a giant hunk of metal at eighty (ninety, one hundred?) miles an hour surrounded by may people doing the same who may or may not have a clue what they are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment