Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Scrapbook 3



I didn't really notice this tree stump until one day when I was out unicycling (don't judge me) and saw it as something to ride over. After that, I realized that all of the tree roots and stumps coming out of the ground were actually really cool looking. I am not sure why this tree was cut down, but I feel like the stump remains almost a part of nature's defiance and unwillingness to just go away. Completely remving the tree would have cost a lot of time and money, not to mention how much it would disturb the surrounding area, so they just left it as a stump.

It seems like it was a nice tree, a friendly kind of tree that would be easy to talk to and wouldn't judge you. Maybe that's kind of weird, but I think that it is interesting to think about what the area was like before this tree and another one nearby were cut down. A tree has an effect on it's surroundings, but this effect might not be too noticable until the tree is cut down.

Google Earth

No comments:

Post a Comment